Revelation Explained

This site contains my personal views on Revelation. I will be teaching through the book verse by verse. My teachings will be from a conservative evangelical background.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The King of Kings and His Army

"And the troops of heaven, clothed in fine linen, dazzling and clean, followed Him on white horses. From His mouth goes forth a sharp sword with which He can smite (afflict, strike) the nations; and He will shepherd and control them with a staff (scepter, rod) of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fierceness of the wrath and indignation of God the All-Ruler (the Almighty, the Omnipotent). And on His garment (robe) and on His thigh He has a name (title) inscribed, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS." (Revelation 19:14-16 - Amplified Bible)

The army of heaven follows Jesus upon their own horses. Certainly this will include the angels of God who have been waging a long and bitter war with the demonic forces. Most likely, it will also include all the glorified people who will have been in heaven since they were raptured.

This sword coming out of the mouth of Jesus represents the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. It would seem that Jesus will battle his enemies with his word. He will speak and his word will cut down the enemy like a blade harvesting wheat.

We are told that he will rule with a rod of iron. During his reign, Jesus will not be the soft man he is often pictured as. He will be a strong and firm ruler. He will quickly punish any who oppose his rule.

The image of the winepress is used in Scripture of God's punishment. In my last posting, I quoted Isaiah chapter sixty-three verse three, where the Messiah says, “I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.” (King James Version)

This passage describes the King of Kings and Lord of Lords returning to earth to establish His eternal Kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home