Revelation Explained

This site contains my personal views on Revelation. I will be teaching through the book verse by verse. My teachings will be from a conservative evangelical background.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Revelation 1:3

"Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near." (New American Standard)

This verse answers the question that I sometimes hear people ask, "Why should I study the book of Revelation?"

This verse is promise from God that those who read will be blessed. The basic idea of blessed is happy. Those who hear it will be happy. Those who pay attention to what it says and respond to it will be happy. We should study this book not just to learn but in order to understand better how God wants us to act.

So if you want to happy three time over: read the book of Revelation, listen to its words, and respond to what it says. As we study Revelation, we must be ready to apply what we learn to our lives and do what God wants us to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home